Free Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
Victoria's Chief Health Officer has announced a free 2012 seasonal influenza vaccine.
It is strongly recommended and available for the following eligible people:
- 65 years of age and over
- Pegnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 15 years of age and over
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Any person six months of age and over with a condition predisposing to severe influenza illness that requires regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation such as: cardiac disease; chronic respiratory disease; kidney disease, diabetes, impaired immunity and chronic neuromuscular disease and
- Other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation (for example severe asthmatics that require frequent medical visits).
Eligble clients are encouraged to receive the seasonal influenza vaccine and reminded to ask their health care provider about receiving the vaccine.
If you require further information, please contact the Immunisation Section on 1300 882 008 or visit the website at www.health.vic.gov.au/immunisation.
The Immunise Australia website has access to free posters and fact sheets for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and the general community as well as translated languages at: immuniseheath.gov.au
The Media Release can be found here in it's entirety.