Melbourne Citymission's T.I.M.E Out Sibling Program
Melbourne Citymission’s T.I.M.E Out Sibling Program runs groups for children who have a brother or a sister with a disability.
The program is called “TIME Out” which stands for “This Is Me Everybody !”
TIME Out Sibling Support Program aims to give young people:
• an opportunity to develop confidence, strategies and skills in living in a family where there is a child with a disability•
• the chance to get to know others who have had a similar experience
• some space and time in a fun, safe and understanding group
There are currently three events running.
* Fortnightly 8 - 13 Year Old Sibling Groups, held both in Broadmeadows and Brunswick
* Monthly Teen Siblings and Young Carers Group called "Give Me 5" held in Reservoir
*2012: New 8-13yr old group starting up in Whittlesea
* School Holiday Excursions
Activities run in Reservoir, Brunswick and Broadmeadows, enquiries from those living in the west are welcome. General parental and sibling support, information and referrals as well as young carer support is available.
Meg Moorhouse, coordinator, 9385 3211 (Tue, Wed, Thurs)
Disability Services at Melbourne Citymission - external link
T.I.M.E Out Sibling Program at Melbourne Citymission - external link
Children, Family and Commuity Services at Melbourne Citymission - external link